(SOLD) 1958 Volkswagen Beetle – Super solid and complete! Great winter project!
Here we have a very solid and complete Beetle that would make a great winter project!
Some of the features of this great car include:
- Original color L41 Black (exterior respray, OG paint dash/inner doors)
- Incredible heater channels and floors! (few small rust holes in battery tray area. Few rust holes in spare tire well)
- Birth certificate included
- Built May 20, 1958, Delivered to San Francisco, CA May 27, 1958
- Very complete including snowflake tail lights, original upholstery seats, and original door panels! (missing left headlight assembly, right running board, rear bumper, radio delete plate, 4-tab emblem, and horn button)
- Original split case transaxle
- 36hp (turns by hand, not original to car)
- M-350 US-equipment
- M-104 Upholstery leatherette red
- M-128 White wall tires
Here are the issues that dictated the price point of this car:
- Old collision damage to left rear (quarter panel has quite a bit of plastic filler, probably insurance repair and reason for exterior repaint. Rear apron replaced with incorrect apron. Replacement quarter panel and correct ‘H’ apron included in sale).
- Engine fire from years ago thinned metal around bottom of rear window (Replacement rear vent/window sill included in sale).
This really is a solid project that is more than 85% complete. I bought it with the intention of building it, but recently I was able to purchase an exact clone to my first car! So I’ve decided that this one has to go.
Clean title and birth certificate in hand.
Please call, text or email for more info.
(206) 914-0512 | email@example.com
Located in Spokane Valley, WA
(SOLD) 1952 Split Window Ragtop Beetle, Porsche Brakes, Okrassa Engine, Super Clean!
Here is an incredibly clean, show-stopper Beetle with all the trimmings, including a dealer-installed ragtop, Porsche brakes, and a brand new Okrassa motor. The owner purchased this beautiful car a decade ago and it has been in a state of ongoing high-level restoration for the last five years. The exterior has a show-winning paint job in its original pastel green which has barely seen the light of day.
The body is in exceptional condition. It is incredibly straight, original German metal. It sits on original solid floor pans and has had minor rust repair to the battery tray. Compared to most Beetles of this era, the pristine state of the floor pans is unheard of. In addition, the chassis has been powder coated.
Details to note include:
- Okrassa motor based on late-50s 36 HP case with Wolfsburg West after-market kit including stroker crank and stainless Abarth muffler, D regulator and star coil (long block built by Jack Morris, mechanical work and installation by Bruno Enterprises)
- Original numbers-matching 25 HP engine included with sale – condition unknown
- Fully synchronized tunnel case tranny built by Wolfsburg Motorwerks
- Porsche 356A brakes, powder coated backing plates
- Era-correct features include: ribbed semaphores, split taillights on dimpled rear fenders, Pope’s nose deck lid, L deck lid handle, aluminum hood handle, crotch cooler vents, round front horn grills, grooved bumpers with correct guards, original fluted European headlights, all five 16-inch wheels with brand new Firestone 5.00/5.25-16 4-ply polyester tires, batwing steering wheel
- This car is dripping with NOS parts, contact for specifics
Important to note that the interior is not finished. All components of the interior are present and included with the sale of the car with the exception of the HüLS reclining seat brackets.
All in all, this 1952 is truly an outstanding Split Beetle that exceeds most you will find on the market by a long shot. With a fresh Okrassa, vintage Porsche brakes, and over $22K invested in the paint work, this is a once in a lifetime deal for the serious VW enthusiast.
Feel free to contact me for additional details and info. Thanks for looking!
Adam Bruno – Bruno Enterprises
(206) 914-0512 / firstname.lastname@example.org